View Single Post

Old 05-18-2011, 11:28 AM
jo49er47

Default 2000 Nissan Quest Van starting problem

Hey I have 00 Quest with 134k miles. We have never had any issues with it till the other day I was driving home from Arizona and it started to stutter while going uphill.....then ran fine when we leveled off....When we came to a stop, the van started shaking pretty bad, but when I placed it in park it ran fine......We took off once again and had some minor stuttering when going uphill, but when I accelerated the stuttering went away......made it to the 10 fwy out of Blythe, got about 45 miles down the road and the vans engine just stopped....coasted over to the side and stopped. Tried to restart, but the engine just cranked....towed it home that same day and let it sit....Next day went and checked my fuses for the fuel pump, looked good......next removed the fuel line forward of the fuel filter, turned the ignition on, heard the fuel pump engage and fuel flowed out after the fuel filter.....reconnected and tried to start the van....it just cranked but would not turn over......do not think there is a problem with the fuel pump or filter.......going to replace filter and relay anyway......anyone have any ideas?
We have been told it could be a number of things just want to see if anyone has had the same issue before. It had all the belts, sparkplugs/ wires, fuel filter , air filter , oil change in Dec. Thanks