Thread: RPM'S too High
View Single Post

Old 05-04-2011, 08:13 AM
2005 Pathfinder

Thanks for the info tech22. It really wouldn't surprise me if simply cleaning something on this P.O.S. vehicle would break it. Basically all I did was spray some cleaner on a rag and wipe the crud out, not sure how that could break it, but like I said, nothing would surprise me anymore. I pulled the codes and I got the following..P0447 Emission System Vent Control Circuit Open, (I've pulled canister and checked the operation of the valve and I could hear it opening and closing so I put it back together..plugged canister, or broken wires somewhere??) P0507 Idle Air Control System RPM higher than expected, P0463 Fuel Level Sensor a circuit high input. Let me ask you this, if there is a problem with the evap system could that be affecting the idle system now that I unplugged the throttle body to clean it? I've gone through all procedures..reset ecu, idle relearn, throttle closed position, etc etc. I can get the light to go out, but when I restart it, it will come right back on. I don't own a code reader so I can't see what it is, but the idle is not right and also when I let off the accelerator, the rpm's fall and then jump back up and its annoying as he-- when I'm driving through the neighborhood and it surges everytime I let off. Thanks again for any advice.