View Single Post

Old 04-11-2011, 03:39 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb53 View Post
Thanks mpe235. I inspected the belt and identified the tensioner pulley. Hopefully what I describe is the same thing in your instructions.

Just inside the pulley housing, there is a part that extend out with a hole (4-6mm?). It moves with the pulley. The other is stationary. Looks to me like just an extension of where the pulley is bolted.

Right now the two holes is about 1-1/2 inch apart with the moving hole above the stationary hole (moving hole at 1 o'clock and stationary at 3 o'clock). That is you are facing front of engine, which means you are standing in front of passenger side wheel. I don't know if it always stop at 1 o'clock every time I stop the engine. Or I just keep cranking until its about lined up.

It appears it is a two man job with someone inserting the screw driver. You don't have much leverage because the A/C hose is in front of it. But I have 1 week to pump iron so I could do it alone, hahaha.

Also I plan to remove the passenger side wheel and splash guard curtain and work from under when installing the new belt. I did this also when I changed the oil filter. You didn't have to but it gives me a chance to inspect other stuff while I was at it.
You have the correct part. It is easiest to do if you are standing in front of the car. Use your left hand to pull on the belt until the holes line up and then use your right hand to insert the screwdriver. Set the screwdriver in the hole that doesn't move before you start that way you just have to slide it over when the holes line up.
ASE Master Certified.