View Single Post

Old 03-22-2011, 05:39 PM
DareDevil

Default Engine Code P2A00

I have a slightly modified 2006 SE-R Spec V with approximately 55,000 miles. I have been trying to figure out this code for over a year now.

There are no internal modifications to the engine, only a cold air intake, Megan racing header, and cat back exhaust.

Almost immediately after having my header installed, my SES light came on and I pulled the code P2A00. After an enormous amount of research, I learned more about the code, and replaced both O2 sensors. I also cleaned the MAF sensor with the appropriate cleaner. I reset the SES light, and it never fails to return after no more than 20 miles. I have theorized that perhaps I should move the primary A/F sensor from the bung in the upper portion of the header to the bung after the collector as the upper bung only reads cylinder 2.

I am certain there are no exhaust leaks as I have recently replaced the exhaust gasket with a multilayer OEM unit.

I read one post on this forum that said something I hadn't seen before after searching for a solid year on the internet. Is it necessary to use the Consult III and clear the "self learn" in "work support?"

If that's true, is there any other way to clear the "self learn?" Is this similar to performing an "idle air relearn?" I know how to do that using only the key, gas pedal, and SES light.

Thank you in advance for your help.