Thread: ECU Symptoms?
View Single Post

Old 03-14-2011, 07:44 PM
ctonline

Default ECU Symptoms?

Anyone have an ECU or ECM unit replaced (located on passenger side)? Could you tell me what are the car symtoms if it had a bad ECU unit?

My 96 GLE altima had various electrical problems, including none working radio, AC, headlight and on and off speedometer prior. Currently my car won't start. A day prior the car would just stop without any warning sound or anything. Just as if the engine had simply stopped or shut down. I had driven only a few blocks when this happen. The car started up again after stopping but I had only driven it back to park it. I let it ran for an hour idle after I parked it. The next day it won't start. The car crank, but won't start. I step on the gas after jump starting and could hear just a slight engine rumble as if it was trying to start. This happen after leaving the car for a few weeks during a winter storm. Could this be the ECU unit problem? I've change the distributor, alternator, and battery just a year ago and I've tried to jump start the car without success. Any input. Thanks.