View Single Post

Old 02-22-2011, 01:45 PM
2006 Xtrail
2006 X-Trail (Bona Vista)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuculin View Post
Hi Guys, 06 X-Trail , Oakville Ontario.

Same problem here. I have it open to where I replaced the cabin filter as I have done that before but I didn’t want to tackle the squeak as I was/am unsure how many screws and cables to disconnect. I wonder if any of you guys could or would post a few pics and to which and how many screws are to be removed. I hate paying through the nose for something I can do myself.
Also a scrap car dealer near me has 3 X-Trails in stock. I wonder if it would be worth my while just buying a blower from him?Any thoughts?

Let me know.

Cuculin.
As I recall, there are no cables to disconnect, just the electrical connections and about 6 or 7 bolts. Read post #2 here and make sure you have the skills and tenacity to tackle this, plus the bearings and some 8mm spacer washers. Also make sure you disconnect the battery and the ECU FIRST, these (ECU) are very expensive and easy to damage. Buying a used blower motor is maybe or maybe not a good idea, if you have it all the way apart, I'd try oiling it like the OP did, maybe you'll get lucky and can forget about bearing replacement. Attached are two photos... Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Xtrail 06 blower motor noise-img_0774_1_1-jpg   Xtrail 06 blower motor noise-img_0775_2_1-jpg  

Last edited by enb54; 02-22-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Add bearing oiling thoughts