View Single Post

Old 01-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Jimsome

Default brake and battery light staying on

I had alternator failure 2 weeeks ago. I replaced the alternator and belt and everything was fine for 3 or 4 days then one day I noticed the brake and battery light on together.

I cleaned my battery terminals and the ground. I checked my fuses under the hood and the dash only fuse blown was the interior light and I replaced that. Lights still come on intermitanly.

I take the truck to the local auto parts store and they check the alternator and they say it is good put a load on the battery and they say the battery was bad. It was under warranty so I get a new one.

On the way home the lights come on again. Now if I turn the truck off and restart the lights are off but will come back on randomly sometimes not for a whole day.

I Google this problem and see that a lot of people have had this problem. So recheck all my fuses none are blown. I check all wiring connections everywhere between the battery and the alternator and everything is tight.

I am at my wits end now and running out of ideas. Anybody have an idea what's going on? I mean battery, belt and alternator is new that should have taken care of the problem.

I can't believe the alternator is bad because it is new AND I had it tested and watched the needle myself.

As most of you know changing the alternator is a PAIN (it was for me anyways) because it is on the bottom.

Can anyone help me?

thanks ...