View Single Post

Old 12-21-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Enthusiast
1997 Maxima
1997 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMDB View Post
Like many here, I have no heat (awful time to notice this.) Even when accelerating I have nothing. I'll set it to 85 and it'll blow hard but the air isn't warm. If I put the fan down I can tel it's lukewarmish, but so close to air temp that, when blowing hard, it isn't noticeable.

I had the radiator replaced out of state this past summer. I assume it may be connected. The car's engine temp is perfect and right where expected.

Everything I've read, though, says that if there's air in the radiator I should still get heat when accelerating. This makes no difference. Stuck thermostat? Costly?

Thanks
OMDB - Sounds like changing the thermostat is a middling hard DIY job (because of access to it) and the new thermostat plus gasket is about $30. However, that is bound to be easier/cheaper than troubleshooting/repairing the doors inside the dash. So, if the heater hoses are only warm with engine fully warmed up and heat on high, this is probably the best next step. However, if the heater hoses are both hot, that means that high temp water is circulating thru your heater core and the problem is more likely one of the air doors.