View Single Post

Old 12-11-2010, 05:01 AM
2004 Armada

Had forgotten to update this forum. I took the Armada to the dealership as the roar noise was becoming more frequent and on dry road surfaces. Naturally on the day I took it to the dealership it did not make that noise but I told them what I had read on this forum and that regardless of whether or not they heard the noise I wanted the wheel bearings inspected. They say they could hear the noise (duplicate) and that the cause was from me driving in 4-wheel auto. The tech said that once he took it down to 2-wheel it stopped. They inspected the bearings and the transfer case (all of which were good). They say they even drove 2 other Armada's on the lot and were able to duplicate sound (which I don't believe because I know how sporadic that roar noise is so to be able to duplicate in my car, let alone two others (???) but we will see. My biggest concern was a safety issue and I am grateful I didn't have an expensive repair bill. I will continue driving and see if I hear that noise again while driving in 2-wheel and update site because I honestly can't say that I know whether I had it in 4-wheel auto or 2-wheel when I heard this noise over the years.