View Single Post

Old 11-14-2010, 04:43 PM
shah424

Question 2000 maxima transmission shift problem please help

hi

i have nissan maxima 2000, 3.0 j , 6 cylinder, Auto matic transmission,

i have a problem with AUTO TRANSMISSION SHIFT, every time i starts my car its "AT CHECK" light blinks three or four times and then the light offs.

And the big problem is that while driving in hot weather (above 85 degrees) cause the transmission to fail. it usually occurs on 45 to 60 minutes into a steady drive of 60 to 75 mph or during heavy stops and moves in traffic.So when the car is little bit warm the transmission will stop shift from Ist to @nd gear no matter how much i press the accelerator and then i have to turn off the car and wait 10 to 15 minutes will cure the problem, however it will occur again when car moves again for 45 to 60 minutes . when the weather is cool out fall through spring, the car will go like more then one hour or so before the transmission fail.

Just to be very clear when i start it in the morning, its gear transmission works fines for one hour of continuous drive,after an hour or so my car just stop shifting the gears at all, i mean that my car gear will not shift from first gear to second, no matter how much accelerator i press, my car will just go up 20 km/h or 30 km/h even if my rpm reach up 6000 or 7000, gear will not shift. and if my Air condtioner is ON ,i mean if the engine fans are countinuously on, and car temperature is low then transmission will work fine for a little more time, lets say 2 hours, but the problem will occur and once it stops shifting then i have to turn off the car for 20 or 30 minutes

my car temp normally stays below half and fans on automattically and it remains always below half.and with air conditioner , when rediator fans are continuously working, temp remails very low.

i have a very frustrated satuation i buy nssian maxima 2000 2 weeks back it has 148000 Km on its clock and i already spend so much money on changing its engine and gear mounting because it was all broken and changed its struts and shocks and fuel filter and cleaned its rediator. changed its engine and transmission oil and filters.

please help me out , tell me , i checked here to many people and also scanned on computer they says on computer,,,,no codes or error comes and most of them says i have to rebuild or replace trany....i m really so so much upset coz it seems to very much costly ans as well im not sure what to do.

please tell me what can be the problem as per the symptoms and what can be the solution.