View Single Post

Old 11-01-2010, 06:38 AM
smltwngrl9

Exclamation Idle relearn after unplugging throttle body

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S A/T 200k miles

My husband replaced my intake gasket set and valve cover gasket. No problems with car before this replacement other than rough idle when in gear and stopped to the point of almost stalling down. I have learned from reading the forums here that you must do the "idle relearn procedure" or pay Nissan to "reprogram". We tried numerous times to do the idle relearn and it did NOT work. I finally took it to Nissan and after having my car 5.5 hours and trying twice to reprogram the idle, it would not hold. They could not tell me a specific problem other than POSSIBLE bad throttle chamber, TPS, or throttle body, OR bad ECU. So I bought a reman new throttle body, and again tried the relearn process numerous times and it will not work. So I am heading BACK to Nissan today, for them to try and reprogram THIS new throttle body. In the event that it, again, will not hold the settings, besides the ECU being bad, is there ANY other trings I should replace or mention to them or something? I do not have the money to be throwing around replacing parts that are NOT bad. PLEASE, help. All comments appreciated, and I would like some advice or input ASAP, before I go waste more money with/at Nissan. Thanks BUNCHES!!!!