View Single Post

Old 10-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Enthusiast
2001 Sentra

Greetings All, Thanks Steamcast. I decided to s;pend some time trying to under the various wiring diagrams and connectors etc. I was able to determine that the Camshaft Sensor has continuity with the ECM and ground. This eliminates the Camshaft circuit since I had already compared the old Camshaft against a new one and got similar results. It was might cold today so I could not spend too much time outside. I hope that the weather will be bit better tomorrow since I would like to get underneath the car and check the Crankshaft sensor and its harness. Once these are out of the way I will reconnect the ECM and start following your recommendations. Just looking forward do you know of any place where I can purchase a rebuilt/old ECM if I finally come to the conclusion that mine is defective? The dealter gave me a ballpark figure of $900. If that is the case I might as well try and purchase a sminilar sentra. Right now a used car dealer has one with 240000km and asking approx $2000. I told him I would offer 1500. I finally realized what those 3 connectors (green, blue, and grey) next to the ECM are for. The green is actually F23. Again thanks very much for your help it is greatly appreciated.

Geoffrey