View Single Post

Old 09-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Enthusiast
2003 Sentra
2003 Sentra SE-R

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I experienced hesitation and the CEL flashed at me on my way home last night. I stopped, shut it off, started back up and limped it home at about 40mph. It ran smooth when cruising, but I could feel the misfire under acceleration and a shudder when idling. I scanned the code this morning and came up with P303, misfire on cylinder 3. Being that the car has 130k and the original plugs I put in new NGK platinum plugs. I also switched the coil packs between cylinders 3 & 4.

***I should mention my vehicle is 2003 SE-R with 2.5L***

After driving it again for a little while the hesitation returned and the CEL came back on. I re-scanned it and found that the code was now for a misfire on #4. Based on my swap of the coil packs the code seemed to follow the coil. I am picking up a new coil pack to put in this afternoon. Does this sound like a reasonable solution? I have already gone through the crank and cam position sensor replacement and have zero indication that it could be a leaky head gasket (not going through any coolant, no coolant or coolant smell in the oil, no water or "shiny" looking piston heads upon visual inspection).

I will put a follow up post after I install the new coil pack to let you know what the outcome is, but am interested in any other ideas in the mean time.

Thanks!

Last edited by mike_s; 09-29-2010 at 09:48 AM. Reason: add year and trim level info