View Single Post

Old 09-17-2010, 08:30 AM
MyCarHatesMe

Default engine misfire. PLEASE HELP!

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder XE 6 cly 4x4
The end of February I had a squeaky belt problem fixed; not exactly sure which belts were replaced but the invoice says: r/r belts, alt belt- 110, poly serp belt 110. Took the car back because the belts were still squeaky and they tightened them. A month or so later, my check engine light began flashing; engine misfire. Replaced the spark plug on that cylinder and started running premium gas (a trick I found online) this worked for another month. Then when I would turn the wheel to the right all the way I would hear an awful grinding noise, not the tires rubbing, but something almost metallic sounding. One day that noise just stopped. Now the vehicle almost constantly has the check engine light flashing and when the light is flashing these are some of the side effects; it idles low around 750, loud putter and gets even louder when going uphill, rough and late gear change, car shakes when sitting or driving you can feel the shake in every seat in the car, it has a slow start after being stopped, the car seems lethargic and sluggish, occasionally you can smell unburned gas (which is not anything new, it's always been like that) Sometimes when the car is cold the light won't flash but will be on and the car runs fine. I ran errands all day yesterday and had no issues the car was running like it was brand new; the temp was never over low 70's. The day before I was on the highway going up a mountain and the fastest it would go pedal to the floor was 55... In a 70mph zone, and was quite hot that day. Sometimes when I floor the gas the car seems to "snap out of it" and will run fine for a bit. The computer error codes were P1320, P0300, and another P1320. I had stopped and asked a mechanic for some free advice and he ran a thorough computer test, which he said normally costs 79.99) and he seemed to think it was something loose or coil packs. I have no idea if the belts and grinding noise are related; it just seems like a big coincidence that after all that these engine issues would start. I truly have no idea and all ideas and advice is VERY welcome!!!! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by NissanTech; 09-17-2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Change font