View Single Post

Old 07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
ehiris

I also replaced the Camshaft sensor as that is sometimes also the problem. That one was very easy to change. unclips easily, easy to reach, 10 mm socket wrench pulls it out in a breeze. However, for me it still didn't fix the problem. I had a mechanic inspect the wiring and he says it's good. His recommendation was to replace the ECU for 840$. The guy charged me 120$ diagnosis fee and all he could come up was replace the computer!? He searched online forums which I had done also (probably this very same forum).

Anyway, I'm already down 370 dollars for that douche of a mechanic, plus the parts and tools I bought for the work I did. The time I spent on this was in excess of 5 hours, and I still have the problem.

I thought nissan were great cars but this is terrible engineering to place a sensor in such a hard-to-reach spot and have a connector that opens by pressing it in.

Now the car is at the dealership to reprogram the ECU. Hopefully that fixes the problem. If not I'll have to spend 90$ in diagnosis fee at the dealership because replacing the computer sounds like total BS to me.

Last edited by ehiris; 07-10-2010 at 11:27 AM.