View Single Post

Old 05-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Wayyne

Hey Guys i've been doing a lot of research online to rectify all the damage I did to my car after hitting a curb at about 20mph with my driverside front wheel. I had the wheels turned all the way right and the brakes were locked up when i slid into the curb. That being said......

I bent my rim. So I replaced it with another OEM I purchased.
I had vibrations when I braked, and it was a bent rotor, I replaced it.
I had squeeking comming from the wheel when driving at anyspeed, turns out my hub assym was bent too. I purchased one from a junkyard and replaced it. Sqeeking issues resolved.

Now I have a new problem....at 50mph - 65mph or so i get the whomp whomp souns described in this post, It's accompanied with a slight vibration. Neither the sound or vibration is present any lower than about 50 mph. And it seems to lessen above 70mph. Both the noise and vibration stop when I turn right (I.E. changing lanes at 55mph) and comes rigt back when I straiten out, it dosn't go away when i turn left at all.

at first the road noise made me think it was caused by the alignment being off, or the tires haveing uneven wear, but this noise wasn't present before I replaced the hub asym. I put a different wheel and tire on to rule out the tire and the only difference was the noice started at around 40-45mph, and again stops whe turning right.

This leaves me ready to take the replacement hub off and return it, however before I do so I'm just looking for some confirmation for my diagnosis. because i've read a few things referencing CV joints. This sound is present regardless of if im accelorating, or not as long as im about 50mph+.

I know this is misplaced, but this thread was the closest to what i'm experiencing I could find, I have an 2005 Infiniti G35.

Im broke lol, so forgoing a balance and alignment if it is indeed the hub and bearings would be awesome. Thanks!