View Single Post

Old 05-09-2010, 06:59 PM
gto78

Just an update on our Altima. I brought it to the dealership and the jack asses charged me an hour labor at $110 to tell me nothing's wrong with it. They say all the Altimas do that and it's supposed to jerk and shudder around like your on speed bumps. I'm about to drive the car through the showroom door and create a nice display- while it's closed.

After waiting almost an hour for them to even pull my car out of the drive through delivery area, they let some punk kid jump in my car and tear through the parking lot like he's Ricky Bobby. The moron raced back and forth in the parking lot and parked it, then 10 min later they call and tell me the car is "done being checked" and give me a bill for $110 plus tax. They didn't simulate normal driving conditions, and didn't let it warm up. It has to be hot and driven for at least 20 min on the highway before the issue starts.

I asked the salesman if I could test drive a new Altima and he said sure no problem, then the "service advisor" came over and told the salesman I had a problem with my altima, and suddenly I wasn't allowed to test drive a new altima to compare.

I called nissan corp for assistance. They did absolutely nothing. They told me they have no control over the dealerships period. They said my complaint means nothing unless the dealer justifies it. They said the dealer can charge me whatever it feels like, and the dealers are only selling nissan cars but don't represent nissan- and don't have any sort of rules or commitments they have to follow. Nissan corp refused to even have a local regional manager at least call and have a conversation with me about my safety issue with my car. UNBELIEVABLE thumbs down service all the way around.

Maybe lemon law is in order, just need to get it there 3 times for the same complaint. Unfortunately this dealership has the bawlz to charge labor fees for a warranty issue. If they had real mechanics who know how to troubleshoot then it would be a different outcome.