View Single Post

Old 04-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2002 Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHALLENGER View Post
Seafoam is good when used as a fuel stabilizer,have never used it as a cleaner.I use (four power)manufactured by conklin.Just pour it in a full tank of fuel every 3000 miles.Have used it for over ten years in 6 or 7 vehicles and motorcycle.Haven't had any problems and have not needed to replace any fuel filters.Reguardles,none of these cleaners will clean a carboned EGR valve without pulling the valve and cleaning it.
If I knew no better, then I would guess from this post that Seafoam dissolves stuff that would NORMALLY get caught by filters. Stuff that normally shouldn't go through the lines, or the injectors, or the cylinders, or the cats, which DO filter hydrocarbons.

Seafoam ain't gonna' dissolve grit or rocks. It WILL solve organic stuff, which is like EXTRA hydrocarbons. And they're gonna' stop at the cat. $$$. Seafoam ITSELF is EXTRA hydrocarbons, and guess where they stop too CAT $$$.

Quote:
Well, I read that Seafoam use may have fouled the plugs, as stated above; so I replaced them last night.
Oops. Just clean them with a toothbrush and gasoline.

Quote:
Engine ran well immediately while cold
Every engine, even with MAJOR problems, runs fine cold, Open Loop, and fuel injectors in MAX pulsewidth. That's why you HAVE TO tell the shop to have the car running and warm when you pick it up from repairs.

Did you keep the throttle body and MAF? You can sell them on eBay since nothing was wrong with them nope trust me give you a quarter for 'em PayPal?