View Single Post

Old 03-24-2010, 05:39 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHALLENGER View Post
Well ran my own shop for about 30 yrs.,worked on all brands and don't have a clue how many I have replaced that ran fine but wouldn't pump enough pressure to start engine including new ones . Keep and open mind and don't be so quick to form an opinion because mechanical things have a tendancy to bite you when you do,trust me I have been bitten more than I care to remember.
The point I was trying to make was that fuel pump issues are uncommon on the frontier, pathfinder and xterra(all of which use the same fuel pump).

A more common problem with these vehicles is issues with the IPDM. I have seen some that lose power to the fuel pump, or the coils. Have also had a couple that only fire half of the coils. They also have corrosion issues at the harness connection to the rear of the vehicle coming from the engine compartment along the passenger side of the frame.

Also the fuel pump is covered for 5 years or 60,000 miles so if you are in that range you may want to take it to the dealer for a warranty repair.
ASE Master Certified.