View Single Post

Old 03-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2002 Altima

Default 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Temperature Control Gear and Other Questions

First post to this site---I'm a GM person, but I know of someone with this car, so I figured I'd ask.

Above mentioned Altima---has the issue where the temperature control cannot be regulated (heat/AC). It has the manual three dial system (non electronic). This car was built in April or May of 2002, I have seen the TSB that refers you to the gear/cable repair.

1) Does anyone here have this same problem with an Altima built after the 10/01 date posted in the bulletin?

2) Anyone have any good photos of how to access that area to check the gear operation? I thought I read that the trim around the HVAC controls comes out, maybe the fuse box cover and another piece of trim.

3) Did you have to replace the gear (part #27153-8J010 from what I have read), or did you have to replace other parts? I haven't taken a look at it yet, but will as soon as I can.

4) On cabin air filters, I have seen listings that this year and model have them, but it seems to have been optional. Would a 2.5SL have one? (I know I can just take the glovebox out and look, but I thought maybe someone would know if it was only a certain submodel that had it, for example, the 3.5SE)? This car is pretty loaded for an SL, leather interior, sunroof, Bose stereo, etc).

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!