View Single Post

Old 03-16-2010, 11:49 AM
egutwillig

Default Total disappointment w/Nissan bluetooth implementation

After purchasing a 2010 Altima at a sticker price of over $30,000 it is truly disappointing to learn that my Verizon cell phone is "not compatible" In fact almost no current Verizon cell phones from LG or others are on the list. That means that either there is limited functionality or none at all. Verizon is the largest cell service provider in the US and LG is either the most common brand or in the top two for Verizon.

In my case, I am lucky, I can pair my LG VX8350 and use the system to make a receive calls. However, I cannot download my phonebook nor individual data to the vehicle's system. I can work around this issue by obtaining a compatible cell phone and downloading the phonebook. I cannot work around the issue (acccording to Nissan support) by connecting a PC via bluetooth and using Bitpim software to download the phonebook. Also, Nissan informed me that their service department probably doesn't have a workaround either.

Nissan and their supplier (Bose?) have not responded to my requests for resolution of this issue. Therefore, I am writing this post to inform potential purchasers of my experience. Perhaps they may want to forgo Nissans bluetooth functionality in favor of aftermarket alternatives.

One that has worked flawlessly is form Parrot. Parrot provides bluetooth for many other major car manufacturers (Honda, Audi, BMW, etc.). My experience is that they continually offer software upgrades to keep up with cel phone releases. In the three years I owned the system I had three different cell phone models and ALL worked flawlessly.