View Single Post

Old 01-28-2010, 02:42 PM
jzmuda

Angry 96 Maxima V6 wont start THIS ONE IS REALLY TRICKY

OK i have a 96 nissan maxima 5 speed 120K miles and here is the problem: the car cranks and cranks but it wont start, checked the fuel pressure and it was around 28psi so it seemed low. So we replaced the fuel pump and filter and now it will go up to 30 psi, the battery is brand new and battery charger is plugged in when we crank it, sometimes it will try to catch but it back fires and it keeps cranking. After about 5 minutes of cranking and popping we managed to get the car running(once), it seems that it runs only on few cyclinders even after it warms up(after it was warmed up it didnt want to start either). The car always ran good but it was hard to start but now it won't start at all. Is there anything I can check for that these cars are famous for having issues with, i am very mechanically inclined and worked on cars all my life, I have over 100 engine swaps under my belt and this one has me stunned, I need someone that knows this car inside out and maybe can give me sensor readings, I have access to a scanner to get the codes or paramaters from the sensors. PLEASE HELP

Jerry

Last edited by jzmuda; 01-28-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: pic didnt show