View Single Post

Old 12-19-2006, 06:26 AM
bobbyknapp

Dear DRE351,

I managed to get my '99 Quest speed sensor problem fixed, but I still have the knock sensor code that won't go away. I've ordered the sub harness from a local Nissan dealer but I can't get any local repair people to touch this with a 10 foot socket extension. Although they go on about liability issues and all that I can't help thinking that they just want that $400-$600 labor charge ti take the upper engine apart and do the "by the book" KS replacement. I expect the sub harness to arrive today or tomorrow and it looks like I'm doing this alone. I wonder if you could please help me out with any '99 Quest fotos or precise description indicating the exact sub harness connector to which I must connect the new knock sensor sub harness plug? In an effort to trace the wires back to the proper connector, I tried looking into the "V" valley where the KS is mounted on the engine but I can't see a darn thing. It looks like it's well buried and behind all sorts of other stuff. As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely. bobby knapp