Thread: Vibration Issue
View Single Post

Old 09-17-2009, 07:16 AM
VictorB

Default Vibration Issue

I just purchased a 2009 Frontier XE King Cab last month. I went through an ordeal with a noticeable vibration. When I returned to the dealer to have the problem checked out, they informed me that the road force readings were unacceptable & they would replace the rear tires. When I went in to have that done, they replaced the rear tires & had me ride with the service tech to check it out. I told them there was still a vibration. They brought the vehicle back & after another hour came out & said, "your'e all set". The only thing thing the service manager told me was they had ordered an extra tire so they put that one on also. I drove off noticing an improvement but still feeling a vibration. Only after speaking to the service manager today did I learn that they had to contact Nissan the day they replaced the rear tires because Nissan only allows 2 tires to be changed at a time even though the road force readings were unacceptable on all 4 tires! The service manager said "this is the 3rd time this guy has been in here with this issue". So Nissan gave him the ok to put the extra new tire on the front & they took my spare & put that on the front as well!
I'm seriously upset with the way this has been handled & I still have a vibration. I actually ended up taking the truck to another Nissan dealer & they said they couldn't detect any irregular vibration. I understand that a truck rides stiffer than a car but if the vibration I feel on smooth highway is acceptable than Nissan makes a piece of crap truck.
I'm not quite sure what my options are at this point.