View Single Post

Old 07-16-2009, 02:44 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Left vehcile with Nissan last night.
I was advised that they will be fitting Ceramic Pads, replacing all Springs, Shims and clips and turning Rotors.In other words a total rebuild.
It is odd that on several visits and talks with the dealer i requested the fitting of Ceramic Pads in an attempt to try and resolve the problem,but they advised as they were not Nissan parts they would not fit them.
Now they are fitting them.
As for the Tires, never had Tire shine on them.
I do understand what you mean re the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, but also the same act covers the following:
"if the product, or a component part, contains a defect or malfunction, must permit the consumer to elect either a refund or replacement without charge, after a reasonable number of repair attempts."
With the milege now at 32,000 and the problem being mentioned to the dealer everytime i have taken the vehicle in for the 3,750 service, i feel the reasonable number of attempts have been given.

As for another dealer, no i have not tried another.
It started where i purchased the vehilce, and it will be resolved here one way or the other.

These guys are now only carrying out this work because Nissan have taken over because of the claim under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Well I hope they get it right this time. If they can't fix brakes then I would be a little nervous letting them do anything else to the vehicle.

Good luck!
ASE Master Certified.