View Single Post

Old 06-01-2009, 08:12 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazPath View Post
Went under the car last night and nothing! There are no loose plugs anywhere that I can plug the Nissan harness into. This is a 2007 US made Nissan Pathfinder with the 4.0L engine, but prepped for the Middle East market. It is obvious that the wiring is simply not there given that the dealer saved a few bucks in the process. I actually had to replace the rear bumper frame with the part from the US that has the hitch to enable me to tow my trailer!

Given that we have now established that the OEM trailer pre-wiring does not exist, can you please provide me with advice as to where and how to tap into existing wires to power the Nissan or any other Harness for my trailer lights?

The only other plug I saw was the one on top of the aforementioned black box right behind the wheel well, it had three wires going into it, blue, white and black, not sure if this helps at all.

It appears that I will have to splice into existing wiring somewhere to achieve this, not my favorite option, but I am towing a big railer and I need to ensure safety on the road.

Thanks.
It looks like the wiring kit you have is not going to work. You will need to buy a universal kit with a powered convertor and splice into the wiring at the lights.I usually splice in at the tail lights on the harness that goes to the bulbs. That way if there is ever a problem you can replace just the 12 inch tail light harness instead of the body harness.

Plug-N-Tow Vehicle Wiring Harness with 4-Pole Trailer Connector 43605 : Trailer hitch bike rack and trailer hitches - etrailer.com This site shows one for the xterra which I am pretty sure is wired the same. It doesn't require any splicing. All you have to do is run a power wire to the battery and connect the ground wire to something metal in the back.
ASE Master Certified.