View Single Post

Old 06-01-2009, 08:03 PM
BazPath

Went under the car last night and nothing! There are no loose plugs anywhere that I can plug the Nissan harness into. This is a 2007 US made Nissan Pathfinder with the 4.0L engine, but prepped for the Middle East market. It is obvious that the wiring is simply not there given that the dealer saved a few bucks in the process. I actually had to replace the rear bumper frame with the part from the US that has the hitch to enable me to tow my trailer!

Given that we have now established that the OEM trailer pre-wiring does not exist, can you please provide me with advice as to where and how to tap into existing wires to power the Nissan or any other Harness for my trailer lights?

The only other plug I saw was the one on top of the aforementioned black box right behind the wheel well, it had three wires going into it, blue, white and black, not sure if this helps at all.

It appears that I will have to splice into existing wiring somewhere to achieve this, not my favorite option, but I am towing a big railer and I need to ensure safety on the road.

Thanks.