View Single Post

Old 05-08-2009, 07:18 AM
quikstep1

Default 08 Altima CVT fluid color

My 08 Altima started jerking and had a slight hesitation on take off,plus I could hear a high pitched whinning sound at 60+ MPH. So I took it into my Nissan dealer. They looked at the trans fluid and reported to me that it had,had the wrong type of fluid added because it's supposed to be green. They said mine looked reddish. I saw it and it looked more clearish brown color to me.A sample was taken and saved. The car has just over 30K on it. The dealer said it would void my warranty. They changed the fluid and now for the past few hundred miles it seems to be fine,but the dealer said it might still go out and a replacement is $7000.00.
I had a fender bender in it a year ago and the body shop replaced the trans cooler,they have records showing they replaced 1/2 of a quart of Nissan CVT fluid . Other than that only Nissan has done the maintance on the car and several times since the accident.
I think the transmission might have burned the fluid to cause it to change colors. Has anyone had a similar experience