View Single Post

Old 04-12-2009, 06:26 AM
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 Altima Coupe V6 CVT

Cool TPMS Light Flashing

Has anybody had problems with their TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) light flashing?

The other day when I was driving on good old I-27 (around Plainview), my TPMS light started flashing. So I slowed down and pulled over to check my tire pressures. The front tires were around 38 psi and the back around 36. I'm guessing that the front tires are higher since they are the "driving" wheels of my front-wheel drive car. By the time I pulled over to check the tires, the light had stopped flashing.

I took it to the dealer on Friday, and they said that they would check it out. They also mentioned that this there is something around the Plainview that interferes with the TPMS. Furthermore, they said the TPMS light will flash if there is something wrong with the system. If there is a problem with it, the light should flash for a minute or so, and then stay solid. Is this correct?

I am just wondering if anybody else has had this problem before and how they fixed it??