View Single Post

Old 03-13-2009, 12:07 PM

2003 Sentra

Question 2003 Sentra GXE 1.8 Wont start/trouble starting, check engine light

wife has a 2003 Nissan Sentra GXE. Her car has been a little iffy in starting for a while, if all radio, air, etc are turned off it starts normally, but if they are onn it NEVER starts the first time, but starts second time you turn it over easily.

THEN, she came to my work to grab some lunch, parked, left the car on, i got in, she put it in reverse, backed up about 3 feet and it stalled on her. i assumed at that point she hi the gas after it stalled and she flooded it.. i took her home and the next day it started with no problems.

she has since then drove it to and from work without problems at all, then she just went to take my son to eat and it wont start in the parking lot.

the check engine like would come on everytime when it wouldnt start the first time, but NEVER when it DID start the first time you turn it over..

and of course with it not starting the chek engine light is on again..

i prefer to fix the issue myself, but cant find much on what it could be. and dont REALLY wanna tow it to a repair shop and pay a lot for repairs..

any help/suggestions?

for common questions ive been getting past few days:

* its due for spark plugs, but unlikely ALL went out, if one were bad it would start still just be rough running, etc.
* shes not out of gas or even close
* battery is fine, it turns over completely, all electronics work fine.
* oil isnt low, all fluid look good.

any help is greatly appreciated..