View Single Post

Old 02-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokove View Post
i have a 2005 murano,
the user manual says that i should warm up the engine then shut it off for about 10 minutes than check the oil level.

can't i just check it after the car had passed the night in the parking lot without the warm up senario, will i get a wrong reading if i do?

is there any motor oil brand name recommandation, i read about the specs but is there any brand that suites our MO better?

thx guys
naw that will give u a false reading just follow directions in the manual also try to be at a even/level surface aswell. as for brand i been with mobile 1(5w30 fully synthetic) for sometime now and actually had just switched to valvoline 5w30 synpower this recent oil change. cause another member on infinitihelp was telling me that mobile 1 just changed the formula on the 5w30and its not as good,and suggestedthe valvoline. but from what i noticed it idles smoother with the valvoline oil.

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate