View Single Post

Old 10-04-2006, 04:45 AM
mrraffer

Default Coolant Question

Before I read the last post, I called the dealer who changed it the last time and asked what kind they used. He says they use the Nissan fluid. So rather than mix two different kinds of fluids knowing that I might not get it all out, I wound up going back to Nissan. (By the way, this is a second dealership, not the one that changed the fluid.)

He sold me a gallon of L248SP. P/N 999MP-AF000P. However, nowhere on the jug does it say "Long Life" although embedded in a paragraph of the back it says it "provides long lasting protection for aluminum, cast iron, and all other engine components". Says it is "nonsilicate type" and that it is "green fluid". Sounds like the right stuff but I just want to make sure since the words "Long Life" are nowhere to be found on the jug. I was not impressed with the knowledge of either of the guys working the parts counter on my two recent visits there.

Anyway, if you could let me know if that part number is right, I would appreciate it. Otherwise I'll take it back and ask for the right one.

Thanks.

Mike