View Single Post

Old 11-14-2008, 02:33 AM
2015 Rogue

If you are considering trading the vehicle in I would not repair it. Just keep the oil topped off until you decide what you are going to do. I have seen these engines run a long time while burning oil. Check it at least once a week and top it off and you should be ok. You will want to go to a different Nissan dealer to trade it in so they don't know about the problem. You will definatelty get a better price for it somewhere else. When the dealer puts a remanufactured engine in they are buying it directly from NIssan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCobra36 View Post
Hi, thanks for the info. It's definitely sucking oil. What's strange is the SES light is gone but I'm sure it will re-appear. If I check the oil regularily is it still reasonably safe to drive until I decide what to do?
Do you think the dealer might take it in a trade in for another vehicle or another option I was thinking was have it repaired, drive it through the winter and trade it in for something else and hopefully come close to breaking even on the cost of the repairs. When the dealer puts in a new engine are they buying it from a rebuilder or are they buying it from an aftermarket company? I would guess there would be no cheaper alternative. Has anyone had any success with Nissan Consumer Affairs or would that be a waste of time?

Thanks
ASE Master Certified.