View Single Post

Old 11-02-2008, 09:47 AM
shimmer

Default 2002 Sentra XE 1.8 stalling/rough idle

Hi,
I was reading some of the forum posts pertaining to the Sentra. My problem with my Sentra model is that it stalls and idles rough while stopping at a traffic light or stop sign. This problem first occured @36K miles usually with the A/C on in the summer but has progressively gotten worse with it now occuring during the winter with the heater on. The car is hitting 90K miles, took it to the dealer with no luck diagnosing the problem except ajusting the idle and telling me it was the gas grade and quality I was using. I changed the air filter and the stalling/idling problem stopped for about 4 months but has sinced returned. The check engine light has not come on recently but has come on in the past which the dealer could not get a code. When it stalls out I can restart the car right away. The car has also stalled out going around a corner.

I cleaned the MAF using the CRC MAF spray and the problem has seemed to gone away for now. Could anything else be contributing to this problem such as a stuck EGR valve?