View Single Post

Old 10-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Please help me take care of these codes. I found in the search where someone had cleared the 1444 code by changing a charcoal canister that failed on their 98 Pathfinder, but I read another thread where a guy with an Altima replaced the canister and could not clear the code.
That's why you have to inspect the the canister before replacing it. The P1444 is for the purge volume control valve and not for the canister, but if the canister is damage, charcoal from the canister can get stuck in the valve. Remove the canister and check if charcoal comes out. If it does, replaced the canister and clean the system. Here is a bulletin with instructions how to clean it: Knowledgebase - 1999 Frontier - Nissanhelp.com

You should also to download the the "Engine Control" section of the service manual for more information. You can download the section free from here: Knowledgebase - 1998 Frontier - Nissanhelp.com

Quote:
The random cylinder misfire 0300 code did appear immediate after I changed the spark plugs and spark plug wires at 100,000 miles 4 months ago, so I don't think the spark plugs are the issue. What else could be the cause of this code? Where to start?
If the the code appear right after you replaced the spark plugs and wires, it means that the spark plugs or cables are damage or not properly installed.
Remove and inspect the tips of the plugs and check the wires installation. Did you used OEM plugs and wires?