View Single Post

Old 09-02-2008, 03:18 PM
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 Altima Coupe V6 CVT

Question Carputer for Altima Coupe

Howdy everybody,

I have a 3.5 Coupe with the Premium package and I am very happy with it. At the time of purchase I chose not to get the technology package. At the time I thought it was a good idea since I already had a hand held GPS (Garmin Nuvi 360). Now I am kinda thinking I want a built in navigation and backup camera since it is very hard to see behind me at night. I would also like a bigger screen for my navigation. So I was thinking, why not put a computer in the car that would add a 7" touch screen, built-in GPS, and backup camera. But why stop there? Wouldn't I want to integrate the XM Radio and hands-free Bluetooth and a hard drive as well? Of course!

I am wondering a few things:

Has anybody added a car computer to their coupe?

Could I use hook the same Bluetooth module and XM Radio receiver that are already in the car to a car computer?

Also, has anybody had any experience with Centrafuse software (http://www.fluxmedia.net/)?

Would it be easier to try and get the Nissan Technology package added instead of the car computer?

Those are just a few thoughts for the moment... I guess I should look around the forums some more...

Thanks.