View Single Post

Old 08-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Dan Lind

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
Do a diagnostic test.

The reason the light shows off all the time is probably because the system is seeing a fault. You can enter self diagnostics on the system with the sonar switch on the left. Key on, in park, engine off, try this.
1. wait about three seconds after turning key on, indicator should go off, and press the sonar button 10 times within 5 seconds.
2. The buzzer should sound once.
3. press button again
4. the indicator should flash and hear a tone for each code stored(count them)
5. press button again, and it should start hearing two different tones for each code with a four second interval between each display of the code. I will repeat each code 5 times. If you let it run through all five it will exit self diagnostics.
6. it will be a series of high and low tones such as one low and two high meaning 12 and so on. it may be high first, can't remember. It may be monotone, with a 1 second space between digits.
7. after you have heard the code a couple of times to be sure you have it press the button again to go on to the next, and so on, till you have read all the codes.
8.when you have read all the codes and there is no more beeping, hold the button down for three to five seconds, to put it into idle mode.
9.wait about two seconds and hold the button again down for three to five seconds again, this will erase the memory from the control unit.
10.turn key off, wait ten seconds, turn key on again and put it into reverse, and see if the light comes on.

When the light comes back on, repeat the previous steps. It has been my experience that when a fault occurs, it throws a lot of false codes, thats why I erase them first and then check again, this should give you your true faults.
If you can't get a tone, you may have a bad speaker. That can cause a problem too.

codes:
11 outer left
12 inner left
13 inner right
14 outer right
21 sonar buzzer problem
22 sonar indicator problem
23 switch problem
24 control unit problem
Super helpful Titan. I'm having same problem on 04 quest. Light always on. Will run self check tomorrow. I'm an experienced elecrical engineer..but have no idea where items are on the Quest (SE) Do you happen to know where the control unit is on the Quest? I saw the Armada location drawing. Also how can I best support this great community site?