View Single Post

Old 07-30-2008, 04:29 PM
puki01504

Default Windows go down by themselves

I just spent a few hours trying to t-shoot this problem. Let's plesae find some commonalities so we can fix this nasty problem.

My front windows stay up if the doors are closed and I remove the key from the ignition. But will open 20 to 90 seconds later.

My front windows open immediately if I open either front door.

My front windows don't operate properly/consistently from the door switch. Sometimes hitting the window lock button will let the pass side window go up. But not the drivers side.

While the front doors are closed, and windows are up, key is out of ignition, you can leave via the rear door without an immediate response. Yet the same 20 to 90 seconds later, the front windows go down.

If you have a front door open, key in ignition and go to take the key out, the windows go down immediately, but if you put the key back in and on, they stop.

I hear a relay click under the dash when the windows do their thing. Couldn't isolate the relay.

If this is a moisture related short in the window lock-out switch, would this cause such weird timing and operational issues?

Does the factory alarm have a window down/up mode that isn't deactivated properly in my base model?

Last edited by puki01504; 07-30-2008 at 04:31 PM.