View Single Post

Old 06-17-2008, 02:42 PM
sjogran

OK so I checked the fluid today, it looks brand new--pink/redish, smells good/sweet, and plenty of it.

I think a flush is a waste at this point and agree it might do more damage then good. I'm really tempted about the "NTB05-001 - 2003–2005 NISSAN ALTIMA, SENTRA, 2003–2004 MAXIMA, 2004 QUEST; 4 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION HARSH 1-2 SHIFT AND/OR DTC P0745 STORED" service bulletin. The SES light is currently NOT on but it HAD come on a couple of times, stayed on for a day or two, and cut off. The past couple of weeks, its been off, with this problem occuring.

When you say a code is "stored" does this mean the SES light could be off but the computer shows HISTORY of the P0745 potentially tripping? I guess the Nissan dealership is the only place that could tell about this versus an Advanced Auto Parts or some place.

So I guess, depending on my interpretation:

1.) See if P0745 was ever "stored" in my computer via Nissan I guess. If so, I think I will attempt this repair myself--I can solder, just need some advice on taking off the pan with the bar in the way (or so I hear--I haven't gotten under it to see what/where the bar is).

2.) Go with the flush, its always worth it to do maintenance/make your car last longer, blah blah, see if that helps (even though I think my fluid looks/smells/capacity is fine

3.) Go with replacing fluid ONLY(no flush) because of reasons in #2.

If you have a diagram of the transmission plate and how to take it off (if you have to remove the bar or if you just need a special tool to get to the missing bolts) please let me know, thanks!