Thread: No Heat anymore
View Single Post

Old 03-01-2008, 02:30 PM
spa

It is RPM related. If we shift into Drive - S and drive 45 mph our faster the car will runs 3500-4000+ RPM and then we get pretty good heat, still not as much as my truck, but enough. In normall driving even at 75 mph we don't hit RPM level that high and the heater does not work even at this speed. The A/C has always worked well and we do seem to get good air flow when the fan is on high, although the passenger side does seem to blow just a little harder than the drivers side. Our mechanic has had it all appart and can find no obstructions anywere. I don't know that he has actually removed the heater core, but he did say it gets very hot right at the core. He also noted that one of 4 hoses in the cooling system never heats up as hot as the other 3. He replaced the valve on that line, but it did not help.

Our Mechanic is convinced that it is some how a problem with the cooling system, but he can not figure out why or were.

I am sorry, I am not a very good mechanic my self, but I will pass any and all advice onto our mechanic. Thank you for you help and please let me know if you have any other ideas.

A Frustrated Nissan Owner....