View Single Post

Old 02-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV Pathfinder View Post
I've been noticing the past few days that when I'm just starting my 2005 Pathfinder SE that there is a pretty loud squeaking noise from under the hood. Upon inspection it seems like it's one of the belts. It only has 27,000 miles on it and I dread going to the dealer, but is something like this covered under the warranty? I tried looking it up and it doesn't seem like it fits under the 'what's not covered' portion. I'm just trying to psyche myself up to call in case it isn't.

The front belt was tight so it seems like it must be from something towards the back of the engine. Once I'm driving it goes away but as soon as I stop you can hear it.

Thanks for your assistance.
I found this Service Bulletin

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowl...d&pp=10&page=2

Now, since you are still under the initial 3 year service warranty - you might get it done for nothing since it is a Service Bulletin.

NTB00-042 2005-2007 NISSAN FRONTIER, PATHFINDER, XTERRA; DRIVE BELTS NOISE
A chirping or “squeak” noise is coming from the engine area, usually occurring at start-up in the morning—especially in cold or damp conditions, or a squealing or chirping noise occurs when the vehicle has been driven for awhile (an extended period of time). Duplication of the noise may require operation of the engine for at least one (1) hour, In either of these cases the noise is heard coming from the drive belt.

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store