View Single Post

Old 11-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Enthusiast

2000 Maxima

Thank you for all your help. Finally got a new ECM for $100, brought a new computer to the stealearship and said, here is the new computer, asked to reprogram the keys and possibly check if IACV needs to be re-learned since I've just replaced it. Got called back, they spent two hours analyzing the "problem", that the car was idling erratically, and they didn't need to reprogram the keys! and said i needed a new IACV harness replaced (they saw the IACV harness a bit melted, which i've checked with DVOM to be ok) for a wonderful $1700!

The original request just to reprogram the keys was completely ignored! (Reason was that they can't expect every customer to know and tell them which part to replace...lol! so the smart fella at the front desk wrote up the service request, what he thought should be done, not what was asked!)

Getting the business manager, 2 techs, and the "smart" fella in one room, explained the P0505 saga and told them, all i want is keys reprogrammed! They reluctantly said, ok if that's what you want.

Put the new computer in, they reprogrammed the keys, and the car is idling ok now. Surprise, surprise:-)...all for $90!. Will keep an eye on it for a few days. Phew...i can only imagine if I wasn't helped here by you folks, how they'd fleece me for tons of money!

Once again, thank you!

I'm just curious if any of these ECMs get rebuilt, or its junk. Here is a pic of the burnt out part due to engine mount/IACV P0505 code:
Attached Thumbnails
Maxima 01, P0505 IACV...-p0505-jpg