View Single Post

Old 10-13-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hausherrs View Post
I took the truck to Nissan and had the codes read. Dealing with the dealership is a whole nother topic. It turns out that the two right ABS/Speed sensors were bad. There was a code stored in the ECM for each. The dealer wanted $450 to replace. I bought the two for $175 and it took me about 45 minutes to install. The rear was super easy. It took me longer to take the wheel off then the replace the sensor. The front was a bit tougher. I had to take off the rotor and caliper. I didn’t take the caliper off the rotor to keep the brake pads and hardware from falling out.

When I got it all put back together I took it for a test spin. All the lights in my previous post went out after about 10 seconds of driving. The stereo popped a fuse and seems to be fried. It comes on but there is no back light so you can’t see the display. Its aftermarket Nav so I have to send it to Pioneer to get it fixed. I put the stock RF back in and it works fine. Except the reception sucks like the service bulletin says.

For anyone else that might have this issue, I Put an ohm meter on the "Bad" sensors and they read 2M ohms. The new sensors read 2.2M ohms. That’s a 200,000 difference so I am assuming that’s significant enough -10%.

Now the rest of the story. While I was there I asked about the brake judder. They said that you only have 36 months and unlimited mileage. Its not 36 in addition to your standard 36. She said that the truck had been in for service to address the judder 3 times by the previous owner. I said "WOW sounds like a design flaw!" (Duh!).. And she said that they would not fix it "Again". So I called a Lemon Law attorney. I don’t want them to buy it back, I just want them to fix that issue every time it comes back. And compensate me for every trip to the dealer that I will have to make. Maybe I should ask for a fruit basket at every trip? Maybe some chocolates for my wife? ;o)

The previous owner had it in at 7k miles, 14k and 20k to have the brakes replaced. I now have 40k on it and my wife has been complaining about the brakes for the past 10k miles. I was going to order new rotors and install them myself but have been putting it off because the judder was slight, perhaps not bad enough to justify the 350+ for parts. Now I think its bad enough.

Message me with questions...
Thanks for the update. That has always bothered me - you have a problem and get it repaired under warranty. The warranty ends and you are stuck with the expense! Why don't you give corporate a call and see what they can do to help you out?

I'm not sure about your NAV/Radio. Hmmm - by any chance did you disconnect and connect the battery with the radio on?

Again, thanks for updating us all on your Sensor work.

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store