View Single Post

Old 10-09-2007, 10:59 AM
hausherrs

Default VDC OFF, SLIP, ABS, 4WD, Brake lights on

My wife’s 04 Nissan Titan had a battery go bad so we swapped it out but the first go-round we got the wrong battery so we had to take it back. So the truck went without a battery for over 24 hours. Now there are several warning lights on. VDC Off, SLIP, ABS, come on right away and stay on. 4WD, and the brake light come on after driving for a while. Before the brake light comes on the speedometer displays about half of what the actual speed is. So if you are going 40 the speedo only displays that you are going 20. Once the brake light comes on it corrects its self. AND the radio is off and does not come on. I hooked up the battery correctly however it is not an exact fit. It’s a little smaller. We needed to get the truck running fast so we got the non-4wd version of the titan battery. I think we needed a 27 but got the 24.

I hear you have to get the ECU re-flashed when you leave the battery disconnected. Does this seem true?

Fluid is fine, and the brake pads have over 50% left. I think we have the brake judder issue that will be addressed this Thursday.

Last edited by hausherrs; 10-09-2007 at 11:01 AM. Reason: more info