View Single Post

Old 09-17-2007, 03:26 PM
David Adan

I have an Altima 98 with 68K miles on it, I was on the highway and everything was running smooth, then out of nothing the SES pop out and lots of smoke came out from the muffler whit an intense smell of unburned gasoline, extremely rough idle and great loss of power and obscence bad millage and the car won't go any faster than 40 miles per hour; I managed to reach the city. Next day the car had trouble starting, finally when it started the rough idle and the smoke continued, on my way to the mechanic's garage the car just "cured" it self and the SES cleared!!!!! went back home and live happy for a while...

Then few months later (last week) the car had the exact same failure, took it to the mechanic have it scanned and showed a Cylinder 3 misfire. that's how I became a subscriber

So far the intake gasket was changed, a full tune up was made, the TPS Sensor was changed, the EGR & selenoid, vacuum bypass valve, MAF were cleaned tested and maintained. the smoke disappeared but now the rough idle is constant, and injector #3 shows a weak pulse, any suggestions? of how to solve this? the distributor rotor and spark plug wires are ok.

Please advice, excuse my English has been long since I last wrote something. I live in Mexico

Last edited by David Adan; 09-17-2007 at 03:37 PM.