Thread: egr-bpt valve
View Single Post

Old 08-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Ion

Hi
I did have problems with the fuel pump couple of days ago. I replace it but for a while i thought that the problem comes from the egr system. when I checked the egr system i discovered that doesn't work at all. (and 1 month ago i passed the air care with no problems!!!)
I checked the egr valve with a vacuum pump: applying vacuum moves the membrane, ok
when engine running there is no vaccum in the hose going into the egr valve and of course ther is no signal to move the membrane. thus the problem is somewhere in the bpt valve or the solenoid
let's say that the hose coming into the bpt valve from solenoid is port 1, the hose going to egr valve is port 2 and the hose from the exhaust is port 3
When engine running there is variable vacuum on port 1 (depending on rpm) but like nothing on port 2, and i didn't feel anything coming on the hose 3. I tried to see if the port 3 is clogged, but i don't know, if I apply vacuum on that hose going to exhaust, it goes down slowly, in couple of seconds, like there is only a very small orifice in the exhaust. What pressure should i have on 3 and how should i check the bpt valve? i checked once but now i'm not sure about the procedure and the results.