View Single Post

Old 08-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Cotzo

Question Sentra SE (2L), 2001, P0171 (Syst. too lean-bank 1)

After reading everything related to this error code (and even more) on this forum, I finally decided to ask for help.
:confused:
Error code is P0171 and I am felling a loss in power, "Check Engine Soon" light is on and off (lately more on) for a few hours, days or weeks.
The last 2 tanks were filled with premium gas (usually I am using regular). Next day the light was off and after approx 10 km became on again.
A week ago, when I was accelerating (quickly; hard; RPM maybe 4-5000) from 0 to 40-50 km/h the engine stopped. I pulled over, restart the engine and everything was fine but the light is still on and the power is not at 100% like in the old good days.

Obviously, I am trying to avoid loosing a lot of money, changing all kind of parts for nothing. I had the impression that here are a lot of experienced people that could be a great help to a newbie like me.

Thanks a lot.

P.S. I just saw a recall for the engine sensors (R3022/03V-345) - crankshaft and camshaft position sensors to be replaced. Could this solve my problem? I will call tomorrow the dealer for an appointment and I will keep you posted.