View Single Post

Old 05-18-2017, 07:33 AM
2015 Armada

Angry Need help deciphering how much I can tow

Hi there!
New Armada owner here. Liking the car a lot so far!. BUT, strong dislike for the dealership we used and not impressed with Nissan over all right now.

In addition to a few issues we have had already (some serious) we still have one outlying question that nobody under the sun seems to be able to answer!
How much can my vehicle tow.
It's a 2015 SV Armada.
** Window sticker at purchase was vague
** Salesman completely unknowledgeable - ALL Armadas tow 9000lbs (no they don't)
** Call to a corporate office in CA - ALL Armadas tow 9100lbs (no they don't)
** Sticker on my door says : 7249lbs GVWR. (with GAWR FR and RR at 3699 and 4299 respectively)
** Manual with the vehicle says SV is 6500lbs without towing package and 9000 with towing package.
** Call to Nissan Customer service says 8500lbs

SO - we are (understandably) very frustrated with Nissan right now and their lack of knowledge and vehicle traceability.

I have tried to look up the info deciphering the VIN - no go
My Traverse came with manufacturing codes that listed these things, nothing on the Nissan. Some folks say if you have a transmission temperature readout you have the towing package, some say that's standard. Some say If you have the towing button you have the package, but others say that's standard too (which I would think they both are standard as you can tow no matter what with this vehicle - it's just how much)

Can anyone help me find out IF this vehicle has a towing package or not.
It seems to be one of the worlds great mysteries right now!

Thanks!
Sincerely - Frustrated!

(on a side note I am SO happy to have found an Armada forum! I was in one for my traverse and it was so helpful to connect with others for information. I look forward to spending some time here)