View Single Post

Old 04-04-2017, 02:44 PM
2007 Quest

Default 2007 Quest SE Help Randomly shutting off

Ive read through alot of posts related to an issue we are having but havent gotten anywhere yet.

2007 Nissan Quest SE 3.5

Our Van shut off on me the other day and would not start back up. I had it towed home a few hours later, put gas in it and it started up. It was at 1/4 of a tank.... I gave it a once over and took it to the gas station to fill up. I was trying to track mileage to make sure the gas gauge was accurate. I got 150 miles or so on it, down to around 3/4 of a tank then it died on my wife today.

I came up and got it, it started up and i drove it home making a quick stop....it died again, second time today.

I left it in the parking lot went home to get my work van tools exc and headed back up there, it ofcourse started up. So i moved spots, replaced the upper Camshaft sensor - angled plug (despite no codes being thrown) and it would click click start so i drove it home, and NOW its giving me a code with the new sensor. VDC off, service engine.

This bring me up to where i am now. Should I put the old one back in and look at something else or change the other camshaft sensor? Im trying not to throw parts at is since even the sensors arent cheap :( It seems to have spark, battery works and aside from the code after NEW sensor was installed we have not seen any codes at all. It just randomly shut off while youre driving which unfortunately seems like a common issue but not finding any solutions.