View Single Post

Old 03-25-2017, 01:48 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

When I was a Nissan Tech, I got this question a lot. The truth is no one can tell you how long a car will last nor how many years nor miles you will get out of it. It's a machine with a lot of parts and they break. It's like going to the doctor and asking him how long you will live if you start exercising; he can't! There's always a risk when it comes to investing money into an older vehicle. I would get a good, reputable mechanic to go over the car completely and give you a quote on what it would cost to repair everything that is wrong now and what soon will need to be addressed. Once you have that figure, it's up to you to decide whether it's worth spending on the money for the repairs (which always is a bit of a gamble on a 10+ year old vehicle) or spend that money towards a newer vehicle and sell/trade your current Maxima. Without knowing your financial situation and what it would cost to repair you Maxima, it is very difficult to give you advice on this matter. What I can say is there are a lot of cars that are beginning to sit at the ports due to slowing sales, so it is getting to be a pretty good time to get a great deal on a new car at low interest rates if you qualify.